Wednesday, May 13, 2009

10%!!!

I met my first mini-goal of 10% yesterday! I know that it might not seem like much considering how long I've been doing this, but it's nice to see actual results! This also means that I met my graduation mini-goal of 197! My next supposed mini goal is 180 by the end of summer, but I might want to revise that depending on the rate that I'm losing. I'll probably be hitting a plateau soon though and I just wanted to remember that. I've been weighing myself daily, which has led to less stress on weigh in day and I think that's a good thing. When I started I didn't want to weigh except at meetings, but it's more of a guiding tool than a frustration at this point. If that changes, I'll change my habits accordingly. At any rate, it's good to have met my goal, especially when I thought I wouldn't with a couple of slow weeks and a gain, but I pulled it out in the 4th quarter! I've also updated my overall goal to be five pounds higher. I recently discovered that my sister weighs 160 and we're built very similarly so I think that 145 is far too low for my body type. I've upped it to 150, and may go even to 155 because my mom and sister are so very skinny and that is what they weigh/want to weigh. There are times that being tall is awesome!
Mini Goals--- revised
197 by graduation-- MET 5/12/09 4 days early!
175 by my birthday (9/8) 22 pounds in 4 months (18 weeks)
165 by Thanksgiving 10 pounds in 3ish months (13 weeks)
160 by Christmas 5 pounds in one month (4 weeks)
150 by April 1st 2010! 10 pounds in 4 months (18 weeks)

I'm going to really have to re-balance my life after graduation, but for right now I'm going to continue eating the way that I have for the past few weeks. If I can keep up losing 2 pounds a week, these goals won't be a problem, even one pound a week some times should be fine. I need to stop thinking of this journey as a sprint, when it's a distance run.

Okay, school is most important right now, so I'm going to go study for my final.

No comments:

Post a Comment