Monday, March 2, 2009

Day One

Well as I mention occasionally on my personal blog, I have battled a lifelong weight problem. The first time I remember realizing I was overweight was when I was 10 and wondered why the other girls in my school were skinner than me, and why their clothes looked nicer than mine. I spent hours looking in the mirror trying to figure out what was wrong with me. My first diet was when I was 13, my mother had recently joined Weight Watchers and I followed the program for awhile. It was hard to stick to and by 14 I gave up. I dieted off and on through high school and finally lost about 25 pounds one summer on Atkins. I was 16. It stayed off for a few months but by graduation I had gained it back. Through my college years I have been uncomfortable with my weight, extremely so, but I have had trouble dieting. I tried drinking nothing but water, and stuck to it for a month. I discovered alcohol, and gained weight from weekly drinking binges. I ate 6 meals a day, large fattening meals, filled with preservatives. I ate 3 servings of pasta for dinner, regularly. I ate microwaved burritos with heaps of cheese melted on top. Suffice it to say, I overeat, and grossly. I'm so determined now. I don't know what my weight is, but I'm going to have to weigh myself to set up goals. My final goal weight is 145. Lower than I've been since I was 13. The lowest I remember weighing in at in my adult life is 169. I'll set mini-goals, and I'll remind myself of my goals whenever I see myself slipping. I'm going to join weight watchers and follow the program. My mother lost 45 pounds on it, 8 years ago, and has kept it off, and lost even more since. I'm going to keep this blog as motivation for myself, and to help other 20 something girls who are struggling with the same problems that I am.
Food Intake thus far (pre-diet)
One Burrito- Bean and Cheese, extra cheese
Two Pierogies- extra Cheese
One Serving Cheerios
One small bag Baked Lays
Small Bag Peanut M&Ms
Small Bag M&M Cookies
One Diet Pepsi
One packet Crystal Light Tea
And my plan for dinner is 2 more pierogies with cheese, One Can Weight Watchers soup and oyster crackers, and one bag weight watchers popcorn

Tonight I'm going to throw away the rest of my unhealthy food. And tomorrow I'm going to my first meeting. I'll post my stats and goals when I'm weighed and have my BMI taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment