Thursday, March 5, 2009

Day three...

Well today has gone quite well so far. Food wise anyhow lol. Work is crap as usual, I'm getting so sick of my coworkers. But that's fodder for my personal blog. I had to open the shop this morning, which means I had to leave by 5:30 AM. I decided what I was going to have for breakfast last night, a peach yogurt smoothie, cheerios, and a fiber bar. When I got to work, I decided to blend some frozen peaches into my smoothie which added an extra point to it, but got me one of my fruits for the day, and made the smoothie a little thicker and more delicious. I then measured out my cheerios and half a cup of skim milk. It was a great breakfast, not as filling as my usual bagel and cream cheese with orange juice, but I felt a lot better about myself. I saved the fiber bar and ate it at about 9:30, to stave off hunger pangs which might have caused me to sample soup or smoothies. I also set up my sandwich again for today, exactly the same as yesterdays, a small amount of turkey, low cal bread, tomato, pickle and mustard. I ate it at about 11:30. It was fantastic, I've been eating way too many of them. When I left work at 2, I stopped at Shaws to pick up some meal items for dinner. I also bought some more fiber bars and I ate one on the drive back to the dorm because I was getting hungry. I was still hungry later, at maybe 4, 4:30 and had 10 baby carrot sticks and a sandwich (same as above except no turkey). Then I surfed the 3fc forum for awhile, which is turning out to be a GREAT motivator. The girls there are all really sweet and it's really fun to see before and after pictures and read weight loss stories. I found a thread about a workout dvd by Jillian Michaels, the biggest loser trainer. They were really into it, and I started to get motivated to excercise. I have a Chris Freytag workout dvd so I did one section of it, which led to about 20 minutes of working out. Tomorrow I'm going to try for 2 sections, and next week I hope to get all three. Anyway, even 20 minutes is better than nothing, which is what I have been doing for years now.
Today was good in that, I didn't feel hungry all day like I did yesterday. I mean, there were definitely times when I was really hungry, but nothing like yesterday. I'm wondering if I'm psyching myself up about being hungry, because before my lifestyle change, I would typically eat a bagel and cream cheese, or an egg and cheese sandwich from DDs for breakfast. Then I wouldn't eat, except bites and tastes, until I had a sandwich between 2 and 4. I then wouldn't eat until later, when I would gorge on everything until I sensed my roommate coming home. I can't eat in front of her. Shes 100 lbs soaking wet, I weigh probably twice what she does. And she never eats in the room, except chips and snacks. I only eat in the room, I don't have time for the cafeteria. But she's gone for the night, so I will feel better about the dinner I'm about to eat.
Now I'm going to get dinner ready. I'm going to have a serving of brown rice, some pre-cooked salad chicken, peas, and teryaki sauce. It's 5-6 points for the whole thing, and I still have 14 points left. I'll probably eat some popcorn and maybe more tomatoes and carrots. I don't know yet. I still need to heat up everything. I'll see how hungry I am after I finish the rice dish.
I don't know if I want to use all my points today or not. Anyway, it's been a good day, and hopefully tomorrow will be as well. The weekend is going to be tough. I should preplan my meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment